Margrit Harting entered the company as managing partner in 1987. Today, she holds the position of Senior Vice President and Partner, and is also strongly engaged in social and cultural projects in the company’s region. Together with her husband, Margrit Harting was nominated honorary citizen of the municipality of Espelkamp in 2009, in acknowledgement of her work.
Social commitment takes an important place in HARTING's company policy.
Margrit Harting is
- Honorary citizen of the municipality of Espelkamp, 2009
- Honored with the "Bundesverdienstkreuz 1. Klasse", 2009
- Honored with the "Bundesverdienstkreuz am Bande", 1998 and Espelkamp medal, 2002
- Honorary chairwoman of Philharmonic Society, East Westfalia Lippe
- Honorary chairwoman of the Industrial Location Promotion Interest Group District of Minden-Lübbecke
- Honorary chairwoman of Espelkamp Association of Culture and Theatre
- Vize president of the chamber of industry and commerce of East Westphalia, Bielefeld
- A member of the board of trustees of the Westphalian Peace Prize of the "Wirtschaftlichen Gesellschaft für Westfalen und Lippe e.V."
- A member of the board of trustees of foundation of "Sparkasse Minden-Lübbecke for promotion of art and culture"
- A member of the general assembly of the chamber of industry and commerce of East Westphalia, Bielefeld